Friday, May 13, 2005

My birthday..

Wah.. my birthday came and went like a biscuit. On 11 MAy 2005 nite, I actually couldn't sleep, i tink because of the excitement generated at my office. All of us were so happy tml will be a big day for SQI office.

A special birthday for 2 ppl. That is me.. and my manager; Mr Soh. It was on 12 MAy GOD decided for me to turn 21, and Mr Soh, 53. (He could be my grandpa!)

Well, for starters, imagine my surprise when Anderson walked in.. He was (ahem) and still is, the most cutest guy I eva met. Got to ask Annie for the pix.. hopefully can post them up.. So all of them were in a whirlwind of activity, except the time when Mr soh was with Mr Sim, our big boss. We were taken off guard, coz we didnit know about this latest happening. But anyway, we were busy taking and posing for pictures, and it comes to the moment where Bertille called Anderson in.

He posed for one only, but it was enough for us. He dropped by to make sure his classes run smoothly.

All the chicks in SQI teased and talked crap with him.

Once Bertille asked this question:

"What is the difference between the chicken and the duck?"

And I promptly replied,

"The spelling."

She was stumped for a while, and it took a moment for her to burst into laughter.

I immediately chuckled, and turned to focus my attention on my work. Anderson was standing in front of me eating Tau Suan Annie bought for us to celebrate. I burst into laughter at his reaction. His right fingers stilled in mid-air, holding a spponful of tau suan, and his face crumpled into restrained laughter. I guess that he was trying not to spit out the food. if he did, I siam first.

All of them gave me their pressies, and wow... Grace gave me a necklace, and the pendant was a heart-shaped key. the shape of love on top, and below, key. The rest gave me a white shirt, a seesaw for pix, cute paper clips and a box of Chocolates. (Yum!)

I waited impatiently for MR Soh to arrive. The moment he did, we waited for a while as he headed to the gents. After that, we immediately posed with the knives, poised in still air to make our wishes. we cut our cake, and began to eat.

After the excitement faded, I waited impatiently for 1 pm. THat was the longest time. Never in my working life did I do this. Usually, I glance at the clock and say, huh? Time pass soo fast?

After 1 pm, I headed off to Clementi to meet Faisal. The beginning of our birthday date...

No comments: